Royal Caribbean International re-categorize stateroom names and deck plan codes to simplify stateroom classification.
Royal Caribbean International has been using its current categories since the 1990s, last re-categorization was in 2015.
This new re-categorization will be concise, logical, named clearly and consistent across the entire fleet!
All changes will impact the forth-coming 2018/2019 itineraries.
What to expect?
- New Category Codes
- Intuitive Category Names
- Stateroom category will be based on attributes, size, location, and occupancy.
There are a few new terms to know:
Category Class: Suite, Balcony, Ocean View, and Interior
Category Type: View, Size of Stateroom, Size of Balcony, and Name
Category Code: Occupancy limit, location, and deck
Some Staterooms will change their Names
There no more ‘Family’ staterooms on the fleet. This is because high occupancy staterooms (up to 14) are not only appealing to family travelers. Those staterooms are extremely popular among groups of friends that may be misled by the “family” label.
High occupancy staterooms may accommodate from 5 to 14 guests. In most cases, they are not available on line. You should call Royal Caribbean’s call center or work with cruise advisor to book them.
The term “family” has been removed from such categories and has been replaced with term “ultra-spacious”.
Central Park and Boardwalk View Rooms moved from are no longer “outside” staterooms. They are classified as Interior.
Ocean View panoramic rooms are no longer “outside.” They are moved to Suite class as “Suites with no balcony.” All guests in those suites will enjoy benefits that guests in Junior Suites have.
Were staterooms with obstructed views categorized differently or noted in a special way?
Staterooms with an obstructed view are not grouped into a specific category; however, to assist in identifying, a square symbol remains in the deck plans to signify such.
Were the categories within the Royal Suite Class program impacted by the re-categorization efforts?
Yes, slight adjustments were made to the category groupings for the Star, Sky and Sea tiers.
- Royal Loft Suite (RL)
- Villa Suite – 4 bedrooms (VS)
- Owner’s Loft Suite (OL)
- Owner’s Panoramic (OP)
- Grand Panoramic (GP)
- Star Loft Suite (TL)
- AquaTheater Suites (A1-A2)
- Sky Loft Suite (SL)
- AquaTheater Suites (A3-A4)
- Crown Loft Suite (L1/L2)
- Owner’s Suite (OS) Grand
- Suite (GT, GB, GS)
- Junior Suite (J1, J3, J4)
Have enhancements or physical attribute changes occurred to any staterooms during this process?
Throughout this process, no physical changes have occurred to any staterooms.
New stateroom categories will be in effect:
Except for Quantum of the Seas®, all ships and ship classes are affected equally.
- Adventure of the Seas: May 5, 2018
- Allure of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Anthem of the Seas: April 28, 2018
- Brilliance of the Seas: April 5, 2018
- Empress of the Seas: TBD
- Enchantment of the Seas: May 4, 2018
- Explorer of the Seas: May 14, 2018
- Freedom of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Grandeur of the Seas: May 5, 2018
- Harmony of the Seas: May 5, 2018
- Independence of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Jewel of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Liberty of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Majesty of the Seas: May 4, 2018
- Mariner of the Seas: March 28, 2018
- Navigator of the Seas: April 22, 2018
- Oasis of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Ovation of the Seas: April 26, 2018
- Radiance of the Seas: May 13, 2018
- Rhapsody of the Seas: May 6, 2018
- Serenade of the Seas: April 20, 2018
- Vision of the Seas: April 16, 2018
- Voyager of the Seas: April 30, 2018
Highlights on deals as on March 4, 2017
- 24 sailings
- All sailings for April – May, 2017
- Best offer: Allure of the Seas, April 16, 2017, ocean view stateroom with balcony – $849 plus tax.
This offer doesn’t long last long. It ends on March 6, 2017.
Take advantage right now!
Two ways to respond:
Call at 772 335-7017 and request a phone conference.
Fill out the form and I will be with you shortly!